Sunday Monday
Needless to say I was on a roll. And realized that by the time my weary azz got to day three I was DONE. And I told my hubby that when women who work inside the home, do all the things that society says you SUPPOSE to do in order to be deemed a "good wife and mother" yo azz has worked from SUN up to SUNDOWN and had absolutely NO time at all to yourself. Oh and did I mention I even managed to squeeze in a bath for ME and Asaria? I'm surprised I'm able to type now. *chuckle* He did admit to me though that he has taken me for granted as a wife and mother and cook and cleaner and nurturer of the family. He says he doesn't want to take me for granted. And DOES appreciate me for all that I do. I was thinking dayum, he must have snuck over to Mrs. Diva's and read that post about appreciation. I don't know what happened but I tell you it was right on time. What she said was right, that you do just want to KNOW that you are appreciated. I'm glad he said those things, they were truly heart felt. Thank you Hunny. You really earning that Love of My Life title. *chuckle*
So anyway, as I came back to my senses of the type of SAHM I am (and no it ain't the June Cleaver type either) I realized so what if I don't cook some sort of "full course" breakfast 7 days a week or whip up some Food Network dinner AND dessert. Or if I pay someone to clean my home for me, or that I let the laundry pile up before I wash it or leave cleaned laundered clothes on the bed in the guest room or if I only re-braid my daughters hair once a month instead of doing it everyday, or that I don't put on my "outside" clothes while I'm at home. I realized there are alot of myths out there and the SAHM cira 1950's is one of them. That sh*t ain't even me. And I don't want my girls thinking that's suppose to be them either.
Needless to say I'm back to my regular because the girls had instant oatmeal for breakfast. LOL And now I'm about to go and cut up some fruit for their snacks and lay out some Purely O's and refill their water cups. It wasn't easy being that 1950's mom but sh*t being a 2008 mom ain't no cake walk either.
3 Comments:
At 7:07 PM, February 18, 2008,
AR Gal said…
Too bad I don't live closer as I would have surely invited myself over for some of 1950 mom's breakfast! lol I wish I had enough time and/or energy to drag my tail out of bed early enough to make that kind of spread.
At 7:14 PM, February 18, 2008,
Anonymous said…
shhheeeeeiiiitttt them days is gone and goodbye! i will never be a 1950 SAHM. and i'm not even gonna try.
i'm not going to that blog cause it will just upset me. then piss me off. so i'll save it for another day!
At 11:26 PM, February 21, 2008,
Bliss said…
hahaha
yeah mommy, i feel you. i was just blogging about not having enough hours in the day to do what i WANT to do cuz i'm real busy with a whole lotta "have to do".
i give you big props girl. 4 lil ones and you're rocking and rolling.
right on!
Post a Comment
<< Home